MURRAY DISTRICTS HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Located at the Old Schoolmaster's House, Edenvale Heritage Precinct, Pinjarra.
Opening hours from 11am to 3pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
THE PINJARRA FESTIVAL – 2nd and 3rd June
The Old Schoolmaster’s House was open during the Festival from 10am to 4pm on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd June. This year we promoted three display areas (2 in the Edenvale Homestead), manning a stall on the verandah and conducting guided tours each morning.
- A huge thank you to our member Bruce Zilm who worked tirelessly to produce some wonderful wooden items to sell at the Festival. These were mostly of jarrah and include chopping boards, cheese boards, candle holders and keyboards.
- Second hand books, fiction and non-fiction but history related, also featured at the stall.
- Potted plants
- Historical Society post cards, greeting cards and sketches were also available. These items are always available at the Old Schoolmaster’s House when next you visit.
for All interested persons and All Members
A most interesting programme is prepared for 2018 – coming events include:
- BUS TOUR: Heritage Guildford - Wednesday 4th July: all day from 9am
The bus trip advertised for the 27th June has been rescheduled to Wednesday 4th July. Only one week later, this date falls in the school holidays and allows us to spend more time with our wonderful (school) bus driver Jerome.
- AGM: Wednesday 22nd - 7pm—9pm
@ Murray Library
Guest Speaker: John Viska:
‘Colonial Kitchen Gardens’
If you would like to join us please contact Dawn Hodgkinson by phone 0438 979 200 or email Dawn on firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, look at our Website murrayhistory.org.au/home for more information.
You can also Like us on Facebook here.
Do you have an interest in the history of Pinjarra and the Murray Districts?
We are always looking for more volunteers to assist with the opening hours on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 3pm and with our various projects.
If you would like to become one of our volunteers, please advise
For information about the Murray Districts Historical Society, its membership and its activities, please visit us at Edenvale during opening hours or contact Dawn Hodgkinson, Secretary by email email@example.com