The Trinity church is one of the oldest (now) Uniting Churches in Western Australia. It was built in 1910 as a Methodist Church, then in 1977 the congregations in Australia of the Presbyterian Church, Congregational Union of Australia and Methodist Church combined to create the Uniting Church.
The Methodists had banded together with other non-conformists (Presbyterians) in the new Church which was consecrated in 1910.
When the original Church was completed the west was left in weatherboard so an addition could be made in the future. Extensions were delayed until 1934-5 due to World Wars 1 and 2 and the Great Depression, but eventually a vestry, kitchen, manse and Church hall extensions were built. In 2006 the tile roof was replaced with metal.
The baptismal font was donated by Mr W Morrell in memory of his parents and the organ was donated to the church in 1951 by the Taylor family.
The Church’s motto is: To be the face of God in the community. Services are still held in the church at 9 am each Sunday.
The Methodists had a succession of Ministers, in particular the Reverend A J Hodge, who retired in Pinjarra and died there in 1924, aged 56. His widow remained in the town and became ‘a mainstay of local society’.